In the teeth of opposition from local residents, the Tories intend to ram through the construction of four huge tower blocks that will mean the demolition of a home for the blind, an art deco cinema and part of Furnivall Gardens, the undermining of local shops and, of course, the destruction of much-loved view of Hammersmith from the river. There will also be no social housing in the scheme.
Please come to the meeting to show your opposition. While the audience will not be able to speak at the meeting, having a packed hall will leave the the council, the Greater London Authority and the Secretary of State in no doubt about the strength of local feeling.
Hammersmith council's Planning Application Committee is meeting at 7pm on Wednesday 30 November 2011 at Latymer Upper School, 237 King St, London W6 9LR. The meeting will be held in the main hall, located just behind the entrance gates on King Street. This is a last chance to show the council the real strength of feeling in the community.
Why not write to the councillors on the Planning Committee to urge them to listen to local people and do the same? They are:
- Alex Chalk (chair of the committee), Addison ward, email@example.com
- Victoria Brocklebank-Fowler (vice-chair of the committee), Fulham Broadway ward, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oliver Craig, Town ward, email@example.com
- Rachel Ford, Fulham Broadway ward, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Graham, Fulham Reach ward, email@example.com
- Andrew Johnson, Fulham Reach ward, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Karmel, Munster ward, email@example.com
- Colin Aherne, Wormholt and White City ward, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Cartwright, Hammersmith Broadway, email@example.com
- Wesley Harcourt, College Park and Old Oak, firstname.lastname@example.org
And please show your opposition by printing out and displaying one of these excellent posters produced by Save our Skyline, which is leading the fight to stop the proposals going through.