Tory H&F council is at the forefront of cuts and experiments which will affect our children's future:
- the council's education department is being merged with Westminster council and also it seems Kensington & Chelsea
- three so-called free schools are being set up in the borough (out of 16 in total across the country)
- meanwhile existing schools are being robbed of resources with £200 million of improvements to local schools axed
- children's services are to be privatised as part of a pathfinder experiment which will affect some of the most vulnerable, looked after children
- and children's centres staff are all on notice with the council poised to close several of the borough's children's centres next year
None of the above was in the Conservatives' manifesto before the recent local elections.